I wasn't happy with how I originally modeled the Dalek after uploading it to Sketchfab for the 3D preview. I decided I should rework the entire mesh and redo the textures as well.
This time I wasn't going to be afraid of floating geometry since it added unnecessary polygons, the UV layout wasn't well optimized for modern texture workflows.
Is it laziness or genius? I've told this story many times but I don't think I've ever shown anyone what I actually meant.
When I was still living in the college dorms, I liked to change the layout of the room once in a while. It was a hassle to move the furniture into a spot and having it end up not working or just not liking the new layout.
What did I do to solve this problem?
I went to the housing office and asked for the floor plan to the building, measured the dimensions of spots in the room to make sure they match the dimensions on the plan and went from there. I made quick models of the furniture we had in each room and placed them where they needed to go. Of course I didn't model all of our furniture, just the things we moved often.
Whenever we wanted to move the furniture again I'd just load up the file and start moving things around. I probably should have been working on another project at the time but this was worth it.
I've been working on a mod with someone that brings weapons introduced in Fallout: new Vegas into Fallout 4. We're hoping to bring many more weapons into the game as we learn how the engine itself handles things.
I wanted to add a new section on this blog that showcases doodles.
Made a quick barrel that resembles the old Octan oil barrels from the Lego city theme.
I'm a graduate of the Art Institute of Pittsburgh majoring in Game Art & Design with a Bachelor of Science Degree.I have a strong interest in games and the games industry.
I try to keep my skills fresh in my spare time by reviewing and researching new methods and tools released for game developers.
Check out my Steam Workshop files and contributions.