I've been working on a mod with someone that brings weapons introduced in Fallout: new Vegas into Fallout 4. We're hoping to bring many more weapons into the game as we learn how the engine itself handles things.
Polycount = 1,788 (3,594 tris)
Texture Map Sizes = 2048x2048
Substance Painter 2
Substance Designer 5
Made for Fallout 4
I wanted to add a new section on this blog that showcases doodles.
Made a quick barrel that resembles the old Octan oil barrels from the Lego city theme.
Rendered with Mental Ray
This desk lamp was practice for high poly detail modeling, lighting and rendering.
A long time ago in 2009, I made many different playermodels for a game called Garry's Mod. I made this tutorial a long time ago, but I decided to make a copy of it here before it eventually gets purged from it's original post.
Many of the things listed below may be outdated, the steps for preparing the model are mostly the same.
Here are the steps you should follow to get started.
I decided to work on an update to the dalek because the design is simple enough, but it has many different interesting textures and substances that go into it. That is why I chose to update the materials on this older project, the result was quite nice.
This project made for a great crash course in Substance Designer, and Substance Painter. It also helped me see the importance of masking, and how it can greatly increase the speed of my workflow.
So, this isn't the first time that I've created a website, although, I didn't really create this one. Weebly just offers really nice tools to get the job done. I would have made my own site, but the last time I used any HTML was in high school, meaning, I don't remember most of what I learned of it...
Anyway, this is, however, the first time I've launched a blog. So this is my first blog post. Yay!
I'm, hoping to fill up this section with current projects that I may be working on, excluding the one's I'm supposed to keep quiet about.
I'm sure I'll use the blog as my notes as well to keep track of my work and how my workflow progresses.
Thanks for reading.
This is the scene that I put together for my Portfolio pre-review class. This was my first time attempting an outdoor scene, and my first attempt to make a scene at night. There were a number of problems I had to solve to get the lighting working just right. My methods for creating modular building pieces were not the best. It wasn't until I started looking at how other people were making their modular pieces when I realized I was going about this project all wrong. I will be doing a follow up project that aims to fix these mistakes as well as document my workflow while creating these assets.
I'm a graduate of the Art Institute of Pittsburgh majoring in Game Art & Design with a Bachelor of Science Degree.I have a strong interest in games and the games industry.
I try to keep my skills fresh in my spare time by reviewing and researching new methods and tools released for game developers.
Check out my Steam Workshop files and contributions.